So it appears that I will be taking a rather impromptu trip to Spain (along the east coast mostly) with a good friend of mine Sept 4-14th (so only a few weeks from now!) and I was wanting to get some advice on a few things...
We are planning on flying into Barcelona and staying there for about 2 days, taking a train (I believe) to Valencia (staying there for 1 day), then heading down to Almeria where her parent's house is (for 3 days). From there, we plan to head up to Madrid (possibly fly) and stay there for about 2 days, then fly home out of Madrid. We are meeting up in Toronto and flying the main leg together on Sept 4th, but will be flying back separately coming home.
One of my first questions is if this a good itinerary idea? Or should we see something else along the way? We want to stay the longest at her parents house to save money (obviously) so that is to be kept in mind. Secondly, is it better to utilize public transportation while in major cities, then take a train to get from major city to major city? Next, we are already planning on getting a rental car while we are in Almeria because of the location of her parent's house (it's on a hill, windy roads, etc.). We are 22 and 23 years old. Are there any recommended rental car websites? (We are also prepared for a large security deposit because we are underage for renting cars).
Any other advice would be most helpful! Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VIPRE @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation renewal CONTACT VIPRE Tec* h 24/7
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 tinnitus
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 Malaga Christmas lights
- 7 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 8 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 9 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 London vacation rental agency
- 13 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 land vs river cruise
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 Trans Siberian Train
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 South of France
- 24 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 25 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide