We are travelling to Scotland during September for almost 9 days . We are a couple in mid 30's and enjoy nature, adventure & nightlife. We are not interested in museums or any historic sites. Below is the plan that we came up with.
Day 1 – Land in Glasgow in AM, Stay Overnight
AM - Visit Glasgow West end and Byers road (Cab)
PM – Nightlife ( Cab)
Day 2 - Spend Day in Glasgow, Stay overnight
AM – Visit Loch Lomond (Cab)
PM - Nightlife ( Cab)
Day 3 - Train from Glasgow Queens Station to Fort William, Jacobite Train round Trip, Overnight in Fort Williams
Day 4 - Drive from Fort Williams to Nevis Range Mountain Resort, Drive to from Nevis Range to Lochness and Caledonian Canal, Overnight in Fort William
Day 5 - Day trip to Aviemore - Loch of Eilein and Funicular Railway, Overnight in Fort William.
Day 6 - Drive from Fort William to Portree, Isle of Skye via Kyle of Lochalsh (3.5 hours), Overnight in Portree
Day 7 - Drive Old Mon of Storr, Kilk Rock and Fairy Glen, Dunvegan Castle ,Overnight in Portree
Day 8 - Drive to SkyGuides, Fairy Pools and Oyster Shed, Overnight in Portree
Day 9 - Drive from Portree to Fort William via Armadale Ferry (4 hours) . Depart at 11:30 AM , Drop the car, and Take the train to Glasgow ( Train at 2:58 PM reaching Glasgow at 6:15) ) , Dinner at Glasgow
Day 10 - Flight back from Glasgow to United States in AM
We have already made the bookings for Stay, Train and Rental car.
Does the Funicular let you exit at the top in September? I would really appreciate if you can provide some inputs on the places we are visiting from different cities in the plan above. Please let me know if the plan we devised is doable
Thank you very much !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Greece in end October
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Le Marche Research Help
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Favorite London memories
- 14 10 Days in Austria
- 15 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 16 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Avignon
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 8 months around Europe
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?