My husband and I are making our first ever trip to Italy and we can afford only nine days, excluding travel. So, this is what I've planned after a lot of thinking and research. Please let me know if it sounds practical. Also, if the mode of transport chosen between them works.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome (early morning)
Day 2: Rome
Day 3: Rome
Day 4: Drive to Tuscany all the way to Florence, stopping at the vineyards & villages
Day 5: Florence & Pisa
Day 6: Drive to Verona early & stay the night
Day 7: Take a train (Eurostar) to Venice in the morning
Day 8: Venice
Take the night train to Rome
Day 9: Either Rome or Day trip to Naples
Day 10: We fly back from Rome*
We don't have the choice of flying back from another city.
How does that sound? Please let me know. I wanted to do Amalfi and Sicily and Chainti and Siena... so much sacrifice due to lack of time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour