Hi All –
2 adult couples (late 50's early 60's) are planning a visit to Sicily end of September 2015 (9 nights, 10 days, including travel days).
We enjoy: good food, good wine, exploring local towns and markets, absorbing local culture and scenery; visiting notable sights to learn about history. Once situated in a city, we will walk and explore, and plan excursions: a bike ride to a destination, a tour of a vineyard, a cooking class/dinner. Everything doesn't have to be 4-star, but budget is not an issue.
We want to balance “we’re only going there once, we don’t want to miss anything” – with taking it slow enough to really enjoy where we are. We hate that scheduled feeling of “time to pack up and move hotels”, so our first pass has us staying in 3 places.
My sister in law's travel agent suggested the following itinerary.
1. Arrive Palermo and stay Palermo (3 nights)
2. Agrigento (2 nights)
3. Taormina (4 nights)
4. Depart Catania airport
5. Also included is a private tour to Siracusa.
From reading here, there may be too much time in Taormina and no reason to stay in the town of Agrigento. We haven’t booked the airfare yet and have flexibility. I look forward to your comments and alternate suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1888 : 279 : O246 installations CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 tinnitus
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Scotland ideas
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 Trans Siberian Train
Hi All –