I am trying to plan a trip to Portugal with one of my girlfriends in October, and I think we have between 9-10 days. I know that I want to spend a few days in Lisbon (obviously), and then I'm not sure what to do from there. Is Sintra a day trip, or is it worth staying over for a night? If we want to spend a day on a beach and possibly stay overnight, where's the best place for that?
I'm really unfamiliar with Portugal, which is why I want to go.
Looking at a map, it seems that we are going to have to stay in a few different hotels, rather than one hotel the whole time. I'd like to fit in Porto and Coimbra, but also be able to spend some time in Albufeira and Faro. Is that possible?
Any tips that anyone has would be really helpful. Once I'm in a city, I know what there is to do, it's just structuring the trip that I am having a hard time with.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 2 https://infosupplement.com/nobel-garcinia-cambogia
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Self Drive UK tour
- 6 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 7 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 8 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 9 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 10 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 11 Airport Transfer
- 12 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 13 Rail vs. Plane
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 18 Where to See Flamenco
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Arezzo - how much time?
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 23 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Easter Week in Italy