I could use some recommendations on some trip planning for a 9-10 day trip to Europe this March. My wife and I are planning to run the Barcelona marathon on 3/11. We will be arriving to BCN on Friday, the race is Sunday and we would like to go to another city/country Tuesday - Sunday (fly home either Sunday or Monday).
Although we are both really active, we would like a couple of low key days to recover from the marathon. Other than that we are both food lovers and wine appreciators. We appreciate architecture but are not really into art/art museums. We would hope to have warm weather but understand early March can go either way. Ideally we would fly to a city and possibly do shorter day trips if there was another must visit nearby. Given the relatively short visit neither of us want the trip to be a whirlwind so less is more (but we do want to go to at least 2 cities).
Our short list currently includes: Nice, Naples, Lisbon
Thanks in advance for any ideas or recommendations. We would like to keep transportation costs as small as possible to keep the food/wine budget nice & full!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 2 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Scotland ideas
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 8 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 9 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 10 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 11 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 12 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 13 The World's Greatest Churches
- 14 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 15 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 21 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 paris to london- day trip
- 24 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?