I could use some recommendations on some trip planning for a 9-10 day trip to Europe this March. My wife and I are planning to run the Barcelona marathon on 3/11. We will be arriving to BCN on Friday, the race is Sunday and we would like to go to another city/country Tuesday - Sunday (fly home either Sunday or Monday).
Although we are both really active, we would like a couple of low key days to recover from the marathon. Other than that we are both food lovers and wine appreciators. We appreciate architecture but are not really into art/art museums. We would hope to have warm weather but understand early March can go either way. Ideally we would fly to a city and possibly do shorter day trips if there was another must visit nearby. Given the relatively short visit neither of us want the trip to be a whirlwind so less is more (but we do want to go to at least 2 cities).
Our short list currently includes: Nice, Naples, Lisbon
Thanks in advance for any ideas or recommendations. We would like to keep transportation costs as small as possible to keep the food/wine budget nice & full!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON $ Passwords Reset Contact $ 1800~570 1233 Tec*h care 24*7??
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 5 days in Andalusia
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 10 South of France
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 14 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 15 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 16 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 17 Shall we Gdansk?
- 18 Help with Spain itinerary
- 19 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 23 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 24 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 25 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?