I could use some recommendations on some trip planning for a 9-10 day trip to Europe this March. My wife and I are planning to run the Barcelona marathon on 3/11. We will be arriving to BCN on Friday, the race is Sunday and we would like to go to another city/country Tuesday - Sunday (fly home either Sunday or Monday).
Although we are both really active, we would like a couple of low key days to recover from the marathon. Other than that we are both food lovers and wine appreciators. We appreciate architecture but are not really into art/art museums. We would hope to have warm weather but understand early March can go either way. Ideally we would fly to a city and possibly do shorter day trips if there was another must visit nearby. Given the relatively short visit neither of us want the trip to be a whirlwind so less is more (but we do want to go to at least 2 cities).
Our short list currently includes: Nice, Naples, Lisbon
Thanks in advance for any ideas or recommendations. We would like to keep transportation costs as small as possible to keep the food/wine budget nice & full!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Le Marche Research Help
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 8 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 9 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 10 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 paris to london- day trip
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Where to stay in Naples?
- 22 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 European honeymoon help needed
- 25 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?