I could use some recommendations on some trip planning for a 9-10 day trip to Europe this March. My wife and I are planning to run the Barcelona marathon on 3/11. We will be arriving to BCN on Friday, the race is Sunday and we would like to go to another city/country Tuesday - Sunday (fly home either Sunday or Monday).
Although we are both really active, we would like a couple of low key days to recover from the marathon. Other than that we are both food lovers and wine appreciators. We appreciate architecture but are not really into art/art museums. We would hope to have warm weather but understand early March can go either way. Ideally we would fly to a city and possibly do shorter day trips if there was another must visit nearby. Given the relatively short visit neither of us want the trip to be a whirlwind so less is more (but we do want to go to at least 2 cities).
Our short list currently includes: Nice, Naples, Lisbon
Thanks in advance for any ideas or recommendations. We would like to keep transportation costs as small as possible to keep the food/wine budget nice & full!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Where to stay in Naples?
- 3 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 8 Portugal
- 9 Browsing Barcelona
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona
9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?