So my husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland sometime between June and August. I hear July and August are much busier with tourist so we may opt for June. This will be our first time in Ireland… our first time in Europe as a matter of fact! We have decided that we want to see Southern Ireland but there is so much to see and I have not a clue where to start!! We will be flying into Dublin from NYC and will most likely be a bit jet lagged and want to stay our first night in Dublin (any must-sees there?? – we will most likely want to walk around and sit in a few pubs-- best pubs in dublin?). We want to wake up early the 2nd day and head on the road… Galway? Clare? Limerick? Doolin? Cork? Kilkenny? Cliffs of Moher are a must. I also heard Dingle is beautiful.
I am just so overwhelmed with options right now! We want to see some beautiful sights but don’t want to end up in over-rated tourist traps. Can you help with some options that would fit in a 7-8 night itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 2 Help with Spain itinerary
- 3 My France Vacation
- 4 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 9 Where to stay in Naples?
- 10 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Driving
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 15 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 16 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 17 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 20 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 21 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond