I plan to travel to Italy with my bf (we are in our mid 30) in mid August from 10th to 19th of August. We will arrive by boat to Bari and then we plan a 7-8 days trip by car, passing from Naples, Pozitano, Serpento, Pompei, (I don’t know what other places could be interesting) with final destination Rome. My bf wants to spend 3-4 full days in Rome, check the commercial centers around Rome, as it will be the sales season and we would like to do some shopping, and then head back to Bari to take the boat.
Since it will be too hot, it would be nice to spend a couple of days on the beach in Southern Italy.
I would appreciate your advice on the following:
Travelling from Bari to Rome, what itinerary could we follow for a 4 day trip and where should we spend these 3 nights? We are on a budget, so we looking for more economical places to stay for the night.
Which beaches can we find, not so crowded throughout this itinerary?
What are the best commercial centers around Rome?
Any other advice or suggestion is very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER I8OO:681:7208 INSTALLATION CONTACT HP Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Trans Siberian Train
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 17 South of France
- 18 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 19 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 20 My France Vacation
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria