I have been invited to a wedding in Malaga in April and will be spending a week there with friends, afterwards I will have 8 days of travelling around by myself. While in Malaga we hope to do some day trips to Cordoba, Seville and Granada (Alhambra) and will be hiring a car. Would these be realistic day trips, we know we wont get to see everything but hope it might be a nice opportunity to see something around the area.
Looking for some feed back on my planned itinerary when travelling by myself
Day 1 - Train from Malaga to Madrid
Day 2- 4 Madrid - with a day trip to Toleda
Day 5 - 8 Somewhere else, was thinking maybe San Sebastian or Salamanca
Can anyone tell me which would be better? Or maybe even spending the whole 8 days in Madrid and do day trips to Toledo, Segovia and even Salamanca?
Or even somewhere else? Possibly skip Madrid all together? I am very open to suggestions. I have been to Barcelona and Valencia on a previous trip to Spain 5 years ago.
I enjoy natural scenery, delicious food, looking at interesting architecture and history. I am happy to walk around and am relatively fit and have no mobility issues. I would probably just catch trains/busses in between places or possibly hire a car and drive, though would probably prefer public transport.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 13 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 14 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 15 European honeymoon help needed
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 18 land vs river cruise
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona