I have been invited to a wedding in Malaga in April and will be spending a week there with friends, afterwards I will have 8 days of travelling around by myself. While in Malaga we hope to do some day trips to Cordoba, Seville and Granada (Alhambra) and will be hiring a car. Would these be realistic day trips, we know we wont get to see everything but hope it might be a nice opportunity to see something around the area.
Looking for some feed back on my planned itinerary when travelling by myself
Day 1 - Train from Malaga to Madrid
Day 2- 4 Madrid - with a day trip to Toleda
Day 5 - 8 Somewhere else, was thinking maybe San Sebastian or Salamanca
Can anyone tell me which would be better? Or maybe even spending the whole 8 days in Madrid and do day trips to Toledo, Segovia and even Salamanca?
Or even somewhere else? Possibly skip Madrid all together? I am very open to suggestions. I have been to Barcelona and Valencia on a previous trip to Spain 5 years ago.
I enjoy natural scenery, delicious food, looking at interesting architecture and history. I am happy to walk around and am relatively fit and have no mobility issues. I would probably just catch trains/busses in between places or possibly hire a car and drive, though would probably prefer public transport.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 4 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 5 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 6 Driving
- 7 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 8 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 13 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 14 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 15 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 18 Poland--where else to go
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 5 days in Andalusia
- 21 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 22 South of France
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 25 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)