I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Christmas Markets 2017
- 7 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 8 Budget trip
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Driving
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Algarve Town Selection
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 Browsing Barcelona
- 18 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.