My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Turkey in early November. We arrive Saturday around noon and leave the following Monday around noon (a total of 8 full days with a few extra hours on either end). We want to spend 4 days in Istanbul, but then I really would like to visit Capadocia and Ephesus with the surrounding beaches. The original itinerary was:
Saturday: get to Ataturk, immediately transfer to flight to Izmir, night in Izmir
Sunday: Day trip to Ephesus
Monday: Hang out in Izmir or drive around to the beaches
Tuesday: Midday flight to Kayseri, night in Goreme
Wednesday: Hot air balloon tour + walking around Capadocia
Thursday: Fly to Istanbul in the morning
Monday: Fly home to the states
As we were looking to book internal flights, it seems like by going to all 3 locations, we'll end up spending almost a third of our trip on flights or transfers. We don't want to pack too much in, but also can't tell if it would be a giant mistake to skip out on either Capadocia or Ephesus. Given that it will be too cold to lay out on the beach, we'd probably skip Izmir/Ephesus, but then we'd feel guilty not at least seeing part the beautiful coast. What do you guys think? Is the original plan too much traveling and not enough time to sit back and relax? If we should cut out a city, which should we cut out? And if we cut out a city, what would you suggest as an itinerary?
Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 6 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 7 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 tinnitus
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Scotland ideas
- 22 land vs river cruise
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond