Notices

8 day trip to Croatia

Mar 30th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

8 day trip to Croatia

My husband and I are in our early 50's and will be traveling from Chile to Croatia for the first time. Our focus is to try to see the most of the country. We will arrive to Zagreb at 21:30 on april 26 and leave from the same place on may 5 at noon. Our first thought is to rent a car and drive all the way to Dubrovnik and back, staying at the most interesting places. Is this a good idea or is it better to take a train or bus?
What would be the best use of our time and money for this time of the year?
Any recommendations will be welcome.
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
kja

Croatia is beautiful and wonderful and very well worth seeing, but MUCH too large to visit in 8 days. To provide helpful feedback, we would need to know much more about your interests and what you hope to see and experience while there.

One immediate question: Must you fly into and out of Zagreb? You would have many more options if you can fly open jaw.
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM

We've had two trips to Croatia and would love to go back. The places we enjoyed most are Dubrovnik and Rovinj. From what I have read, the train system is very minimal and certainly doesn't go down to Dubrovnik. There is a bus along the coast to Split, it takes about 8 hours I think and goes through Bosnia so you should look at visa requirements for that country too.

I agree with kja, if you can fly out of a different city it will make better use of your time. I would check a decent map, look at mileages and think about how much area you can cover. You won't be able to 'see most of the country' in the time you have so concentrate on a few places that are within reach of Zagreb. Another thought would be to check flights from Zagreb to Dubrovnik, then make your way back to Zagreb to fly home.

Kay

Search this Thread