I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Champagne Tours
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 8 10 Days in Austria
- 9 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 17 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 18 Greece in end October
- 19 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 24 Favorite London memories
- 25 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip