Last Supper Tickets

Search

Last Supper Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Supper Tickets

How do I obtain Last Supper Tickets at a reasonable price for July? When I looked at the price on the museum website the tickets were 9 Euros but sold out. When I look at other website it appears you have to buy the tickets with other activities for sooo much more-like 50 euros. Is there some way to obtain tickets without all of the extras? Are there some other things in Milan we should do that we could combine with the tickets? We have 2 days in Milan before flying back home.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 08:04 AM

I'll bet all the tour companies are buying up the tickets. It's not fare to the individual traveler.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 08:10 AM

By museum website, do you mean http://www.vivaticket.it/index.php?n...00542&idt=744? And the days you are interested, whenever they are, are the sold out days?
That is the cheapest way to buy tickets. And to be assured a time slot, you have to have been looking at the release date schedule and jumped on a slot as soon as it opened to individuals. Once you missed that opportunity, you will have to go through value added resellers who profit from people who had missed the initial offerings.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 08:12 AM

Most of the tickets are snapped up almost as soon as they go on sale by tour companies, who package them with a lot of other things you don't want to see and charge a fortune, causing you to waste time and money, or else not see the painting.

Here is an article that mentions some companies that sell just the tickets without the tours:

http://stresasights.blogspot.it/2011...o-view-da.html

Good luck!

We wanted to see the Last Supper on a recent December trip to Milan. However, I wasn't able to get tickets on the official site, and couldn't find anyone selling just the tickets. We were visiting friends in Milan, and they had planned lots of activities, so we didn't have time to do one of the over-priced tours. I gave up on the idea of seeing the Last Supper. However, we found out after arriving in Milan that one of the days we were there was the Feast of Saint Ambrose (December 7th), the patron saint of Milan, and that admission was free to the Last Supper that day. We lined up very early in the morning, and got in to see it within half an hour. That won't help you, unless you can plan another trip that day.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 08:41 AM

What is is. As noted if you've missed your chance to buy the tickets direct then you've missed your chance. Re-sellers are in the business of making a profit. I don't think you are going to find any way to buy them for 9 Euros now.

The link bvlenci and the links it leads to is your best chance.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 01:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
It is worth the higher fee to see this amazing work of art. Think of the total cost of your trip and then this is a fraction of it but seeing the painting will be a lifetime memory..
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 01:55 PM

If the cost is more of an issue than the missed opportunity, the RS guide mentions about phone vs. online. Apparently, the reservation system is not good at updating the online time slots should cancellations occur. There is a possibility that there exist availabilities only by phoning them. Also, there exist a queue (you physically wait at the door) to fill in case of no shows. Both are probabilistic paths for people with time who are willing to come out empty handed for their effort.
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM

We had same issue and did the tour thing so we could see it and never regretted it once...we enjoyed the tour as it was just a half day tour and they picked us up and dropped us off at hotel. We normally shy away from the tour thing but in this case it was worth it.
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 03:05 PM

I agree with Island45. I also did the tour "thing" and have never regretted it either. The tour conductor was so passionate explaining the Last Supper details that I have often reiterated it to friends. The rest of the half day City tour was very interesting and enjoyable.
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information-I'm not sure I want to do the Last Supper now-I guess I can figure it out when I get there. I was really excited about it but have lost the drive to hunt down tickets from here at this point of time. After I have planned everything else I may come back and revisit the tour-or go up to the Lakes region instead and head to Switzerland a day early! I have learned a lot about how to get tickets and how not to get tickets...
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 09:11 PM

There are several other hard to get tickets like these in Italy. Some guidebooks are good at pointing them out, but not always.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 05:30 AM

spedteacher, when we wanted to see the Last Supper and tickets were sold out last May, I found some reasonable tickets at www.selectitaly.com. I didn't want to have to take a tour of Milan just to see the Last Supper either. I think I bought them about a month before our trip and paid about $20 for each ticket.

My husband said that seeing the Last Supper where it was painted was one of the highlights of our 3 weeks in northern Italy Deborah
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 05:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Buying from Select Italy is sort of like feeding the beast since they are the ones buying up the tickets, marking them up (6.50€ to $25) and reselling them.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 06:03 AM

I managed to get tickets in 2010 but I had to check constantly to see when our days opened up. I got them but I was prepared to go on a tour to see the Last Supper. It is simply fabulous!!
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM

ky, yes it is but unless you manage to buy the tickets from the source it was cheaper than a 60 euro per person tour which was our alternative My problem was not watching when the tickets first went on sale so I paid the "piper" Deborah