Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   7th arrondissement hotels-which one? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/7th-arrondissement-hotels-which-one-140809/)

Mark Jan 5th, 2003 04:49 AM

7th arrondissement hotels-which one?

Folks,<BR> This is for those travelers familiar with the small hotels in the 7th district in Paris. I will be staying in Paris this summer for a week and need a room for 3 or 4 nights (we already locked into Hotel leveque for half the stay). We are 2 adults and a 12 yeear old. I am looking to stay at either the Relais Bosquet, or the Hotel Muguet. The former is a three-star hotel, the latter a two. Price difference is about 30 euros. Which would you choose and why? Naturally, I'm open to further suggestions (in the 160 euro range or less).<BR><BR>Merci.<BR>Mark

Jen Jan 5th, 2003 07:28 AM

I am writing in case you do not get many replies.<BR><BR>I had a question about Hotel Muguet and found overwhelmingly positive responses on the Hotel. I booked for three nights for this June in Sept 2002 because everyone said it is a great place but books fast. You should be able to do a search on the hotel - I have seen posts on that one before.<BR><BR>Best wishes.

Cherrise Jan 5th, 2003 08:02 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Relais Bosquet on the 6th floor views of the Eiffel tower. We loved the Relais Bosquet. We looked at Hotel Leveque, The rooms are VERY small but if you want cheap and in a great area thats the place. I have heard great things about the Hotel Muguet as well Hotel ChampsdMar in the 7th. We are going back in May and will be staying at the Relais. Do try one of the best restaurants in all of Paris, Le Florimond in the 7th across from the Metro. Zagat's gives it a 5 star but with very little expense! If you have 3 people to a room at the Hotel Leveque I hope you have either 2 rooms or the largest room in the hotel. Its that small!!! Gerard at the Relais is Wonderful..160 Euros or less.Good Luck..

Gil Jan 5th, 2003 09:00 AM

I second the recommendation for Relais Bosquet. The rooms are very nice and service is great.

Lori Jan 5th, 2003 09:37 AM

We stayed at the Relais Bosquet (a &quot;superior room&quot;, which is somewhat bigger then the standard one) and it was very nice. We had enough room to move around in, the bathroom was quite modern (the toilet was in it's own area-w/c) separate from the bathroom itself. We had a great view of the Eiffel Tower from our room as well. If all 3 of you are going to stay in the same room you'd best ask for the superior room otherwise you will be uncomfortable I think (and superior is not huge). We've never stayed at the Muguet but from what I have heard the rooms are very tiny. The owners of the Relais Bosquet are also very nice people and are there every day.

Donna Jan 5th, 2003 10:31 AM

We've stayed in a triple (though there were only two of us) at Hotel Muguet. You'd find the room compact. Bath is large, and bedroom is a nice size, with a small room between the two with closet on one side and trundle bed on the other.

Beth Jan 9th, 2003 12:21 PM

I would like to confirm the good opinions of the Hotel Muguet. My husband and I have stayed there twice in the past two years -- nice rooms (although small), extremely clean, pleasant desk staff, quiet street, well-located. I am sure the Relais Bosquet is very nice, though -- but I think the Muguet is a good bargain.

dan Jan 10th, 2003 08:03 AM

I just got back from my trip 3 days ago and we stayed at the Hotel Muguet. Very friendly staff. VERY, VERY, VERY CLEAN and Very small rooms. The bathrooms are also impecable and quite spacious. PS the shower fits only one person!

Donna Jan 10th, 2003 08:18 AM

The triple rooms, and some others, at Hotel Muguet have a regular sized tub with shower. Others have shower stall only. You have to check when booking.

lizbeth Jan 10th, 2003 08:32 AM

Speaking of hotels in the 7th, has anyone stayed at these properties<BR><BR>Duquesne (3 star)<BR><BR>Lindbergh (2-star)<BR><BR>Empereur (2-star)<BR><BR>They don't get as much press as the Muguet or the Leveque, so if anyone out there has comments, I'd love to hear them.

Maira Jan 18th, 2003 05:00 AM

I loved my stay at the Muguet. Great neighborhood, with a residential feel to it, you turn the corner and find yourself in Musee Rodin's backyard, walking distance to Eiffel Tower (some of the upper rooms have a view of the Tower), walking distance to Le Invalides and two metro stations. Very good resturants nearby, a post office, laundry, hair saloon, perfect combination of living in an upscale Parisian neighborhood, while being able to walk to some of Paris's most wonderful tourist sights and streets. The staff was very courteous and the French poodle that &quot;owns&quot; the lobby is adorable. I read there is a new addition to the Muguet staff, &quot;Fromboise&quot; the turtle (they have a nice green area in the premises). I am in the process of planning a May trip to wine routes in the Loire Valley with a couple of days in Paris. I love to try new hotels, but can't help thinking of the Muguet as my home in Paris.

Greg Jan 18th, 2003 10:00 AM

Just got back from Paris. Stayed at Hotel Palais Bourbon in room for 4. We were very pleased with it. 145 Euros including breakfast for 4.