We are planning to go to the Netherlands and Denmark in June for 14-15 days total. This is our first trip to these countries. Our tentative plan is to go to Amsterdam and the surrounding area for 6-7 days and then fly to Denmark (Aalborg) where we will visit with our son and girlfriend and see Denmark for another 6-7 days.
Here is what I need help with: Is there enough to do in Amsterdam and the surrounding cities or towns (via train or public transit) for 6-7 days? We love to walk and explore towns. We like quirky areas, LOVE food, love the local areas and would like to use Amsterdam as our home base to limit the packing and unpacking. In Amsterdam we will be staying at the Marriott..
Thank you all in advance for your help with this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 2 Spain in 2018
- 3 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 6 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 7 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 8 Christmas week in Ireland
- 9 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 10 Which Aran Island??
- 11 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 20 Rent in Rome
- 21 Rome Hotel
- 22 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery