I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 2 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 3 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 9 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Easter Week in Italy
- 17 Moscow Hotels
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 25 Paris November 2017
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?