DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 2 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 Budget trip
- 12 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Driving
- 15 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 16 Algarve Town Selection
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 paris to london- day trip
- 19 Browsing Barcelona
- 20 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 23 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 24 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 25 Portugal