I just got married, and my husband and I are planning on saving up to embark on our honeymoon adventure in June of 2017. I know it's a while away, but I'm so excited I want to get planning now! And I know June is the high season, so I assume things will book up (correct me if I'm wrong, though). We've decided on a week in Croatia and a week in Italy (wish it could be more! Darn you, full time healthcare job.) I'm in charge of planning the week in Croatia, and he's in charge of planning the week in Italy. We'll do Croatia the 1st week, then Italy the 2nd week. Our plan is to fly in to Dubrovnik. Here's what I've got so far:
1) DUBROVNIK: 2 days
--- 1 day in Dubrovnik
--- Day trip to Lokrum Island? Mijet Island?
2) HVAR: 1 day --> Any suggestions re: a better island to visit?
3) SPLIT: 1 day --> Do we need more than 1 day?
4) PLITVICE LAKE NATIONAL PARK: 2 days
--- Bus from Zadar to Plitvice Lake Nat’l. Park (approx 2.5 hrs)
--- Bus from Zadar to Rovinj (approx 7 hrs)
5) ROVINJ: 1 day --> Do we need more than 1 day?
Ferry from Rovinj to Venice…
Any and all tips, suggestions, modifications are greatly appreciated as we've never travelled to Croatia. Our overall budget (including international flights from USA to Europe) for both weeks is around $11,000.00 USD.
THANK YOU TRAVELERS! Hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 10 days in europe
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 European honeymoon help needed
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 13 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 14 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 15 Where to stay in Naples?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 18 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 19 Browsing Barcelona
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Croatia in mid/late October
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 25 Help with Venice Trip?