My fiancee and I are planning a 15-20 day trip to Switzerland and Greece in mid of April 2016 for our honeymoon. We'll spend 6-7 days in Switzerland. Below is our broad tentative itinerary:
Day 1-2: Reach Zurich from India (around 11am-12 noon). Leave for Lucerne. Spend 2 nights in Lucerne.
Day 3-5: Transfer from Lucerne to Interlaken region. Stay at either of Spiez/Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen/Wengen for 3 nights. One day trip to Jungfrau and one day trip to Matterhorn/Zermatt while still staying at one place in the Interlaken region.
Day 6: Take the Golden pass Panoramic train to Montreux and spend the night there. Visit Chateau de Chillon.
Day 7: Go to Geneva via Lausanne and fly out from there to Athens.
We are planning all travel through pubilc transportation/mostly trains. As we'll be carrying luggage for almost 2-3 weeks we prefer to make day trips and visit nearby areas so that we don't have to carry all of it everywhere.
We are looking suggestions on the the below specifically:
1. Must do things and places to go in and around Lucerne, Interlaken and Montreux.
2. Swiss pass suitable for our itinerary. Also details on the Swiss transfer ticket, where to buy/charges/ can we use it if we have different entry and exit points.
3. Good reasonable hotels/bnb to stay and restaurants to eat in the places that we are visiting.
4. Which place (Spiez, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren or any other) should we make our base for 3 nights to explore nearby areas? I've read on other forums that Interlaken is boring and mostly hyped.
Should we spend 3 nights here and then 1 night in Montreux or should we spend 2 nights in each instead?
5. Would Jungfrau be open and accessible around 20-25th April? What is the temperature like during that time??
Any other suggestions for our itinerary and our time in Switzerland are most welcome. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 two days in rome
- 4 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 5 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Avignon
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Provence Trip Report
- 23 8 months around Europe
- 24 Tentative Spain/France Basque region itinerary
- 25 9 Day Paris & Rome with Family