Hotel in Florence Italy

Search

Hotel in Florence Italy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Florence Italy

Looking for a reasonably price hotel in Florence near the Lorenzo University on Via Faenza in February/
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM

PLEASE - exactly what do YOU mean by reasonable - in euros or $? (I consider anything less than 200 euros reasonable - is that what you want?)

And how many people is this for? What are you expecting - clean but small basic room, shared bath and no elevator? Something more upscale?
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Reasonably price I mean something around 100 US$ or so. For 2 people. Would be happy if its clean comfortable not fancy.
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Today, that is about 70 euro. That is probably considerate budget style.

In any case, the name of the school is Scuola Lorenzo de Medici, and just about any hotel in central Florence would be close enough.

Try venere.com, which has a map feature, and you can also put in your price.

You might try searching here for something like "budget hotel in Florence Italy."

Google maps shows an abundance of accommodations very near the school.
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would consider that low budget, but shouldn't be a problem in February. You should find lots of hotels in that area in your budget. I've stayed at Alloro B&B which isn't far.
http://www.allorobb.it/

You might also try Hotel Giada or B&B Petersen.

http://www.hotelgiada.it/index.php

http://www.bedinflorence.it/

Also take a look at eurocheapo.com.

How long will you be in Florence? If you are taking some classes for several days, you might prefer an apartment.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 01:43 AM

You can easily search them through the internet or ask travel agencies around to get what you want.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 03:42 AM

eurocheapo.com/florence

MANY good cheap options with a map
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help-contacted allorob and they are only 200 meters from the school.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Plans are changed and now our grandaughter will be studying at ACCENT Florence Center. The address is Piazza Santo Spirito 10. Anyone know of good B&B/hotel in this area. We will be staying more than a week.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM

That's across the river. I've stayed at an apartment about 5 minutes walk from there (about 15 minute walk to the train station). Florence historic center is very compact and is only about 20-30 minute walk from side-to-side of the historic center so it's really not that far to most places.

Residenza Il Carmine has several apartments. I stayed in the Oro apartment because we needed twin beds. I booked last minute for September (this year) and got a reduced rate of 79€ a night. The apartments are clean, quiet with an interior courtyard. There is a laundry around the corner, but you also have folding racks to use in the courtyard if you want to wash out anything. Owners live across the courtyard. Click on the availability calendar to view last minute rates. I'm sure you can get a good price for Feb.
http://www.residenzailcarmine.com/e_1.htm
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 01:01 AM

There are lots of good cheap (for florence) places south of the river. For stays of more than a week I would consider an apartment which is not only cheaper but a bit more pleasant than living out of a hotel/B&B. Sally at sliceoftuscany.com may be able to find you somewhere nice.

We found a place last year in a roundabout way via a tour we had booked at www.slow-days.com but it was only by chance as they aren't a rental agency.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much---my other question is how is the best way to get in from the airport and also bus transportion in the city? Do they have passes similar to London or have to pay each time?
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM

RE: "best way to get in from the airport". The cheapest is to use the shuttle bus--5 euro pp and it goes regularly from the airport to the train station. Otherwise it is a taxi for about 25 euros.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Have booked Residenza il carmine for 12 nights in Feb/March everything is set up fine but they want payment in cash when we arrive.We are in a quandry as to how to do this (carry all that currency in euros ?) Suggestions ? Or is this customary in private accomadations? Apprecia your input!
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM

patf, just get the euros from an ATM when you arrive at the airport. if you have already paid the first 30% the balance due should not be too high to withdraw it all at once. Check with your credit card company and tell them you will will be traveling in Europe and when, so they don't block your account. Also check to see if there is a daily limit on withdrawals. If the first ATM does not work don't panic. Try another one. Or wait until you get into town. I am sure there are ATMs near your apartment.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

they have not asked for the 30% at this time just for us to pay in cash on arrival. that is a lot of euros to try to take out of atm's and we don;t want our daily limit that high. Strange they don't want credit cards.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM

It is typical for smaller accommodations and apartments in Italy to accept cash only and no credit cards. And it is typical, as charnees suggested, for those type of accommodations to require payment of 30% when the reservation is made and the remainder upon arrival.

People manage this by raising the daily limit on their accounts. Some people have more than one account, split the travel among to two accounts, and then can take money out of both accounts to meet the need. If two of you share the same account and each have your own ATM card, check with your bank to see if you each can withdraw the full daily limit.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM

Pat, that is not unusual for Italy, to ask for cash. They save money not paying fees to the card companies, and many also use cash to avoid taxes. (I don't know if the Residenza does that, of course). you could certainly ask if you could pay the 30% by credit card, as it says on their website.). Also tell them of your problem in not being able to withdraw enough when you arrive at the airport. They may be willing to let you pay part one day and the rest the next, especially as it says they live right there.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM

They are very nice and will understand you need to get euro. I don't think we paid until the day we were leaving, but only stayed three days.

>>>Strange they don't want credit cards.<<<

Not strange at all. Most apartments don't take credit cards. Most want cash upon arrival. Typically, small B&B's or apartments will take credit card info to hold a reservation, but want payment in cash.

You should be able to get money from your ATM every day and just pay over the course of the first few days.
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your advice -we have it figured out I think.
they sound very nice and we are looking forward to the stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -