6 people in a Renault Espace?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Margo

6 people in a Renault Espace?

Six adults and their luggage (one average size bag plus totebag per person) need transportation around France for two weeks next September. Auto Europe has a "fullsize minivan (Renault Espace) available. I know that minivans are smaller in Europe so what do you think? Will we fit in this car, if not comfortably then at least adequately?

The plan is to pick it up at CDG and drive to Chartres area for the first night. Any suggestions on inns or special places to stay outside of Chartres? (Easier parking outside of town, right?) Eventually we will drop the car off at Marsellies airport two weeks later after seeing Loire area, Dordogne area, and Provence area (maybe Carcassone?) Is this too much area to cover?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:51 AM
will not

6 adults with luggage WILL NOT FIT in a Renault Espace, no way, forget it, what you need is a 9 seater Ford Transit or Fiat Ducato.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 08:06 AM
StCirq

I drove a Renault Espace in September/October. It will fit 6 people comfortably, but not with the luggage you describe. You'll need the bigger, 9-passenger van. Also, check around for better prices on this one before you commit to AutoEurope. When I first called them, they quoted me $1700 (with all insurance). Then they quoted $1400. A friend was able to get a quote of $900 through American Express, which AutoEurope agreed to match - that was for a 10-day rental. Also, in case this matters, most of the AutoEurope vans are manual transmission.

You should be able to do justice to the Loire, Dordogne, and Provence in two weeks. Carcassonne is on the autoroute between the Dordogne and Provence, so it's easy enough to stop for a couple of hours.