I am arriving at Amsterdam airport at 930am on the 6th of June. I fly out on the 11th at 930pm. Here is my proposed 6 day itinerary. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
6th - Arrive at 930am. Train to Amsterdam central and store large luggage item. Train to Haarlem to spend a few hours. Train to Leiden to spend a few hours. Train to Den Haag for nights accommodation (willing to arrive later in the evening and basically go to bed right away).
7th - Explore The Hague for a few hours, train to Delft to explore for a few hours. Train to Rotterdam for dinner and nights accommodation.
8th - Explore Rotterdam for a couple of hours in the morning, ferry to Kinderjik, rent a bike and explore, continue on to Dordrecht for a couple of hours. Train from Dordrecht back to Amsterdam arriving around 8ish.
9th - Day in Amsterdam. Walk around city, take canal ride, Van gogh museum, Heineken experience at night.
10th - Day in Amsterdam. Ann Frank House in morning, possibly half day for afternoon to Zaanse Schans???
11th - Day in Amsterdam. Rijksmuseum, vondel park. Fly out at 930pm
How does this sound? Any suggestions of things to see/do in the places I have mentioned going? Also, would Zaanse Schans be worth a half day trip, and would it even be possible to do in say 5 hours return?
Any feedback is most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 beware of robbed in Milan
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 18 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring