I am travelling to Italy for 6 days in mid-July and can't decide where to go! I have identified 2 "clusters" of places/attractions that I've heard great things about. I'm looking for advice on which cluster I should pick, and since each includes way too much for 6 days, I'd love advice on the best places/sites within that cluster so that I can narrow down to a reasonable itinerary.
Cluster 1: Sicily.
Syracuse, Taormina, Agrigento, Catania, and/or Palermo
Cluster 2: Naples/Amalfi
Pompeii, Herculaneum, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Capri, (or maybe Ischia)
In case personal details help...I'll be traveling with my boyfriend. We're both active and interested in history (art history in particular for me). We also appreciate wine and food but I figure this will be good no matter where we are in Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 4 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 5 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 6 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 12 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 13 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 14 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 15 Best Greek Island
- 16 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 23 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 24 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 25 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland