We are making a 6 day stop over in switzerland on our way to asia from usa. I need help in planning an itinerary and making reservations. mostly interested in stuff which kids will enjoy (eg boat rides, train rides, kids museums)
8/9 we arrive ZRH at 10am
leave luggage with left luggage at the airport
go to interlaken and spend the evening there, possible boat tour to thun
8/10 excursion to Jungfraujoch
8/11 excursion to Lauterbrunnen and Schilthorn
8/12 travel to luzerne and spend the eveining with boat trip/transport museum/lion monument
8/13 mount pilatus trip
8/14 mount titlus trip
8/15 have flight at 9.45 am from ZRH
have a lot of questions
1. TRAIN or Rental car: leaning towards train pass. which one should i buy? 2 savers pass + family card for 8 days or 2 flex savers pass for 4 days
2. where should i leave my extra luggage? are unattended lockers big enough for 30" suitcases (they are cheaper than attended luggage) ? are there cheaper left luggage at train stations than the airport ?
3. where should i stay in IL area? mountains or IL town? lot of walking will not be tolerated well by the kids. how about luzerne area?
4. whats a good place/website to get reasonably priced kid friendly accomodations? should i look at VRBO and airbnb or go with consolidators like orbitz/expedia?
5. are there kid friendly routes, destinations, activities, hotels you all would suggest?
6. should i do mt. pilatus and titlus or one of them is good?
7. is there a way to squeeze matterhorn/zimmetMontruex?
8. will it be possible for me to get a train from IL to ZRH early AM on 9/15 or should i do a transer the night before and stay by the airport somewhere? my flight is at 9.45 am and i am not sure how long will it take to get the luggage and do the check in and security check for an international flight?
Again we wish to keep things simple and relaxed with the kids so not running around a lot...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 Visit to France
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 New fast track
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips