My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe. This is the first time I'm not using a travel agency for foreign travel and instead I'm planning/booking everything myself. I've already started booking hotels and stuff but now I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to do everything I planned. Could you please review my planned itinerary and tell me if it seems doable? There are so many things to see and places to go that I had a really difficult time picking just a couple stops. Note: we are pretty adventurous, start our days early even on vacation, and don't mind a little rushing around to see more. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Day 1: Land in Paris at 1pm. Spend 4 nights in Paris, with a possible day trip to London.
Day 6: Overnight train to Milan. Train to Varenna, Lake Como. Stay for 3 nights
Day 9: Train to Milan then to Venice. Stay for 1 night.
Day 10: Train to Florence. Stay for 3 nights. Possible day trip to Cinque Terre.
Day 13: Train to Naples, ferry to Capri. Stay 2 nights
Day 15: Ferry to Naples, train to Rome. Stay 3 nights.
Day 18: Fly out of Rome to the US at 8pm
So should I cut out the day trips? Or is this doable? Has anyone done something similar (6 places in 17 nights)? The only hotels I have left to book are Paris and Lake Como. I'm looking for reassurance I guess
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 British English: Why Left-Tennant?
- 5 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Milan airport--which one
- 9 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 10 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 11 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 12 Which Area in London?
- 13 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 14 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Getting around Lisbon
- 17 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 24 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 25 Trains - website?