Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   5d Seville, 2d Rhona, 2d Malaga, 3d Granada - Too many days?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/5d-seville-2d-rhona-2d-malaga-3d-granada-too-many-days-996047/)

Adventuretrip90 Oct 25th, 2013 04:51 AM

5d Seville, 2d Rhona, 2d Malaga, 3d Granada - Too many days??

Hi there,

I will be spending the following days in South Spain in Mid - end December 2013:

5 days Seville (including 1 day Cordoba),
2 days Rhona (23rd - 24th December)
2 days Malaga ( 25th - 26th December) ( I know most shops will be closed, that's why the 2 days)
3 days in Granada

I'm wondering if I'm over doing it because it does like the holiday is overstretched. I'm going with a friend and we we're afraid we'll be bored. I've bought air tickets, but will change to a shorter trip if necessary.

I also know there are lots of small towns to visit, but I've only planned for Cordoba and Rhona. We won't be hiring a car to drive, but walking. We won't be visiting Wineries as my friend doesn't drink.

Would appreciate your comments on the above.

nytraveler Oct 25th, 2013 09:17 AM

I wouldn;t be bored at all - but I love Andalusia.

Have you read a couple of guide books to see what there is to see/do - and how long it takes to visit various places.

We loved Cordoba and I would make that more than a day trip. Also - what about Jerez? And there are a ton of other cities/towns with great sights.

annhig Oct 25th, 2013 09:25 AM

i wouldn't be bored either - lots to see and do in each place.

have you checked to see what is open? museums etc?

Bedar Oct 25th, 2013 09:29 AM

Walking ? From town to town ? Take the bus or train. You won't be bored.

BigRuss Oct 25th, 2013 11:22 AM

Granada for 3 is a bit much. Considering your time in Malaga is touristic dead space, maybe shift a day.

Cordoba would be good for more time, but that would create logistics issues. Investigate the early and late trains to and from Seville to max your time.

bardo1 Oct 25th, 2013 11:34 AM

You will NOT be bored. Your plan looks just fine to me. You might consider renting a car one day for a day trip on one of your three days in Granada to visit the gorgeous villages in Las Alpujarras. You can wait to decide once you're there if you want to get out of Granada for a day.

Adventuretrip90 Oct 25th, 2013 02:26 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am convinced that I won't be bored now! The only reason for the 2d in Malaga is because we'll be there on 25th Dec (and everything will be closed) so we planned for an extra day (26th) in hope that some shops will be open on Boxing day :[ Our hotel has a pool though, so if Malaga is really that dull, we'll just make use of the hotel facilities all day I guess! :D

No Bedar- we won't be walking town to town! ha ha... we'll be taking bus / train.

danon Oct 25th, 2013 02:31 PM

2 days in Ronda in Dec?
I would think twice.

kja Oct 27th, 2013 05:47 PM

You might consider trying to add some time to Cordoba -- I thought it deserved 2 full days. You could do that by cutting a day from Granada and one from Sevilla. Just be sure to what out for the days when things will be closed! Enjoy!

Egbert Nov 1st, 2013 07:57 AM

Ronda would really bore me as there is just not much going on compared to places like Cordoba, Cadiz, Malaga, especially at night. if you like quiet and hiking you might really like it.
3 days in Granada might be one too many. 4 or 5 is great in Seville. Just relax and wander around the city and let it all sink in.

bilboburgler Nov 1st, 2013 01:26 PM

Ronda would bore me after a couple of hours, 2 days!!