I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KODAK printer 1:800:681:7208 installations Contact KODAK Tec*h care
- 2 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 3 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 4 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 5 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 6 Keukenhaf
- 7 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 8 Sleep at Heathrow
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 11 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 12 Netherlands- Texel
- 13 9 Day trip itinerary west and northern ireland
- 14 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 15 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 19 9 day trip to France
- 20 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 England
- 23 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 24 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy