A friend and I are in the initial stages of planning 5 weeks of backpacking in Europe. We are use to travelling using overland tour groups and enjoy the fast pace nature of them. This time we want to go it alone but still cover a lot of distance in our short time. So far we have:
1. Amsterdam (3 nights)
2. Bruges (1 night)
3. Paris (4 nights) Where we will spend Christmas
4. London (4 nights)
5. Edinburgh (3 nights) Hogmanay festival for New Years
6. Munich (2 nights)
7. Salzburg (1 night)
8. Vienna (2 nights)
9. Budapest (2 nights)
10. Zagreb (3 nights)
11. Ljubljana (2 nights)
12. Venice (2 nights)
13. Rome (5 nights)
Apart from the Edinburgh to Munich leg (which we plan to fly), we were hoping for peoples recommendations for bus/train travel. Are we best to get a Eurail pass?
We are both young and enjoy a good night out and meeting people. We also love adventure sports and want to see the keystone attractions in these destinations. Do people have any suggestions for our itinerary? Any recommendations of day tours/ combined passes? Any suggestions for youth accommodation?
Thanks in advance. We look forward to hearing peoples hits and misses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy New passport, driver's license, ID card, visa, Marijuana cards
- 2 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 13 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 16 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 17 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 18 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 19 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 20 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Current plan for March trip
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 Spain in 2018
- 25 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select