I'm a female college student planning on taking a 5-6 week trip to Europe in May and June. I've never been to Europe before, or off the North American continent for that matter, so I'm incredibly excited. I've heard about taking travel slow, and not trying to squeeze in as many countries as possible, so I'm trying to pick one or two areas of focus. It's so hard - there's so many places I want to see! I'll be traveling solo for the most part, though my mom and aunt might join me for a week or two. I love culture, food, adventure, scenery, and history in my travel experiences.
So basically I'm trying to figure out a semi-concrete itinerary. So far it's pretty vague (I've only been trying to decide on countries so far, not cities/towns/etc.) I'm for sure starting in Sweden, and I want to take a stopover in Iceland on my way there or on my way home, then going from there:
Stockholm - 3 nights
Gothenburg - 3 nights
Copenhagen - 3 nights
Edinburgh & Scotland - 8 nights
English Countryside (vague, I know...) - 7 nights
London - 5 nights
Paris & Northern France - 9 nights
This would be 5 countries in 6 weeks. Would I be moving too quickly? Or would it give me enough time to appreciate each place while also giving me lots of unique places? I'm also considering going to Rome & Tuscany/Florence instead of Paris & Northern France, so I would like to hear opinions on that.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to See Flamenco
- 2 Rail vs. Plane
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 2 week May trip with kids
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 11 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 12 New Years in France
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 15 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 16 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 17 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 18 Which Aran Island??
- 19 Spain or Portugal
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 9 day trip to France