My husband and I are from New Zealand going to Europe in Mid September to Mid October for five weeks. We are flying in and out of Amsterdam, (I am part Dutch and going to the Netherlands to meet some of my family there for the first time as part of my trip).
I have a few questions, which I'll put at the bottom. First of all below is our current itinerary
Fly into Amsterdam early morning
Amsterdam 5 days, (with some day trips)
Fly to Edinburgh 2 days
London 5 days (with some day trips)
Paris 5 days (with some day trips)
Fly to Rome 3 days
Florence 3 days
Venice 2 days
Tirol Austria / Munich Bavaria area 6 days (not 100% sure about where we're going to do here yet)
Amsterdam 1 day
1. We'd like to add Switzerland to our trip but it looks like it'll add at least 2 more full days just for travel from Paris to Switzerland and then to Italy let alone spending any time in Switzerland. (at the moment we are planning to fly from Paris to Rome - we have found a good easyjet deal). If we do go to Switzerland - where should we go, and what should we see with our limited time.
2. Are there any places in our itinerary that could do with more time or less or are we trying to do too much.
3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what we should do in the Tirol Austria / Munich area, over that 6 day period.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 2 Travel chat and reflections
- 3 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 Advise Needed
- 8 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 9 South of France
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 14 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 15 10 days in europe
- 16 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 22 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 23 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 24 Scotland ideas
- 25 Tips for first trip to UK