We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 5 Scotland ideas
- 6 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 12 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Trans Siberian Train
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid