Repost: getting of train in prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm reposting this because I screwed up last time.

I have discounted tickets on EC172, Budapest to Berlin, leaving at 0725. Before arriving in Berlin at about 1800(I think), it stops in Prague. Arrives Prague h.l at 1427, and Prague Holesovice at 1436. If we wanted to get off in Prague and do a REALLY quick spontaneous visit to Old Town and the clock, which station would we get off at? Also, most important, are there trains later in the day we can catch to continue on to Berlin? I realize we will lose money for ticket already purchased, ( would have to buy new Prague to Berlin ticket) but if there are no trains arriving in Prague to continue on to Berlin, this is pointless.
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 03:18 PM
J62

hl.n = main train station., Holesovice is on the north side of town.

There are direct trains from Prague to Berlin, via Dresden every 2 hrs @ 27 min past the even hours. Tickets for tomorrow are showing 39 euros.

www.bahn.de
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whether you get off at Hlavni Nadrazi or Holesovice there will be taxis which can take you where you want to go IF you want one.

Hlavni Nadrazi is a LOT closer to where you probably want to explore than is Holesovice.

Be aware of the following: at one time, HN was absolutely notorious as a place in which pickpockets plied their trade; that may have improved.

Taxi cabs can be "iffy" in Prague and it never hurts to ask the driver to quote you a price before you get in.

Trams are also fairly easy to use and you might consider that mode of getting around.
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you !
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 10:56 PM

Get out at Hlavni, go out the main exit turn left and walk about 200 yards and you are at the top of Wenselsas Square,you can start your touring from there. walk the lenth of the Square (actualy a wide avaenue) when you get to the bottom follow the dcrowds to Old Town Square the main centre for tourists.