I'm planning a family trip next August(2017)
We are 2 adults(some would say 1 adult + 1 middle-aged adolescent) & 3 teens(14, 16, 18).
Itinerary as follows
Dublin to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Dresden
Dresden to Berlin
Berlin to Dublin
Fly to Amsterdam(our home is in Dublin)
Stay for about 6 days
Take in Canals, Museums(Anne Frank in particular), cycling etc.
Amsterdam to Dresden. Stay for 5 days.
I have been looking at a couple of options here.
Flights look expensive, so train might be an option.
I saw an overnight trip involving a stop in Cologne(2 hours), then going on to Dresden.
In Dresden, Museums(again), cycling(again) e.g. maybe take a trip up to Sächsische Schweiz?
go to Meissen?
Dresden to Berlin. Stay for 3/4 days.
Train or Bus to Berlin(I've heard the bus is very reasonable).
Obviously, Berlin is packed with sights, but would like to do something different.
For accommodation, we were hoping to use AirBnB, but this would be our first time.
Or maybe Youth hostels would be an option?
Would be open to amending this itinerary. It's based on getting to & from Dublin, as cheaply as possible. Everything in between is negotiable.
One thing we all enjoy is visiting Theme parks.
We've been to Europa park, Steinwasenpark, & Skyline park in Deutschland, Tivoli Gardens, Legoland & Bakken in Danmark.
We would love to fit one in on our trip.
Cycling is another must. But a bit of culture would also be nice. If there were any festivals, concerts, etc., along the way & we could check out, that would be great.
We love using public transport on the Continent, but any advice on same, would be gratefully accepted.
Does anyone out there have any tips.
Vielen dank, Dank u, Go raibh maith agat, Thank you, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 4 Trans Siberian Train
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?