Dear All Fodorites,
We are a group of 5 people (incl 6 yr old kid and my parents).
In first week of May, want to do a Swiss Paris trip in which we would like to visit places like Mt. Titlis, Interlaken Jungfraujoch and Bern/Zurich if possible then move to Paris for 2 days.
I have an option to make Basel as my base location as I have friends residing there at 15 min tram ride from Basel station..
I would like know:
From Basel using Intercity trains, how easy or hectic it would be to do 1-day return trip each to Lucerne+Mt. Titlis, Zurich/Bern .... then 1 or 2 Nights stay in a hotel in Engelberg/Interlaken (for Jungfraujoch).
Having a base location can save us from checking-in/out of hotels with luggage,kid,sr. citizens and some $$ on hotels but definitely the travel time and money spent in commuting,tickets (may procure Swiss family pass- 4 days) is something worth considering.
Do you think it is workable plan or I should actually stay in Lucerne for 2 nights each instead of to-fro from Basel.
My purpose of trip would be more on relaxing and sightseeing, have a kid and parents so adventure sports is not in the to-do list
After all these, I would want to go to Paris for 2 nights and then depart for my Country from Paris itself
Eagerly waiting for any suggestions, feedbacks.
Thanks in advance ,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 Installation CONTACT Hp Tec*h by 24/7d
- 2 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 3 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 Trans Siberian Train
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 24 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 25 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
Dear All Fodorites,