My husband and I, along with our 7-month old baby, will be visiting France in mid-September.
We are frequent visitors to Paris, but would like to venture out to the countryside for about 5 days.
We did Normandy last fall and loved it, but now we're considering renting a house/cottage/gites in Burgundy or Provence. (We are open to suggestions for other regions as well!)
A few questions for Fodorites:
Which would be easier to get to, keeping in mind we'll be with a baby? TGV from CDG to Provence or drive to Burgundy after landing?
Will the weather in Provence be significantly warmer/better? I would love to have some pool time, if the weather is still good. Would this be possible in Burgundy in mid-September?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Greece during Easter week or August
- 8 Iceland driving in March
- 9 Northern Spain road trip
- 10 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Help with Spain itinerary
- 13 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Where to stay in Naples?
- 18 Driving
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 22 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.