I need some serious help on an itinerary for Germany. I have never been there before and no one I know has either. I will be arriving in Frankfurt on Oct. 11 and fly out there as well on Sunday, Oct. 16th.
It seems that Southern Germany is the most obvious area to stay in. Berlin is way too far away. I've seen that Heidelberg, The Black Forest and Munich are spots that I should visit. Other than that, I don't know where to go. I really find the WW2 aspect of Germany interesting, I love art and the beautiful scenery that I see. I like to hike and of course being from St. Louis MO, I like beer
I would like to drive, but I am not sure that would make use of my time well, but I think it would be fun.
Any guidance on where to stay/do would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KASPERSKY $ renewal Contact $ 1800~681 7208 $ KASPERSKY Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 4 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 5 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 6 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 7 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 8 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 11 Driving
- 12 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 13 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 14 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 Change of resident
- 16 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 17 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 18 The World's Greatest Churches
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 22 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 25 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy