I'm visiting Florence for the first time, shortly. With so much to see and absorb, I hope I do justice to the destination!
Ideally, I'd like to take at least 1 day trip to see couple of Tuscan towns / villages, apart from spending time in Florence.
To all those who have gone to Florence, how would you advise a first timer along these ideas? Of course considering personal preferences is important, but then there are things which are universal must-see or unique to Florence!
I am told there's a LOT of walking involved while in Florence. I'm staying couple of km from the Duomo. Not exactly near, but not too far off either.
Secondly, if you think time slot / tickets for some of the sights 'must' be reserved or booked online in advance, please let me know. I'd do that while I'm still in Venice.
I'm trying to see all major sights in google maps to coordinate daily itinerary, but there are so many factors other than distance, to decide on the sequence of things to do. For instance, one might not want to stack all museum experiences on one day even if those buildings are next to each other as one might suffer from sensory overload. So your wise advice on how I should maximise these 5 days shall be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 2 Wierd Europe map
- 3 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 6 Lyceum theatre London
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 9 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 12 Transportation in Brittany
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 18 Milan airport--which one
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more