5 days in Europe for 1 student

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - <BR>I've posted on Fodor's before, and received great advice, but now I have a new question.<BR>After spending a month in the UK with a class, I will have 5 days to myself and I was wondering if any of you had some suggestions. My class will probably see Paris and Scotland, but I am looking for either can't miss places in England, or other countries - unless you think I'd really benefit from more time in Scotland or France. I am a college student, but I have a high limit on my credit card, and would rather have a little debt than miss out on some fun. I will fly out of London when I leave.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:06 PM

Three places:<BR><BR>Paris<BR><BR>Paris<BR><BR>Paris!!!< BR><BR>US
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:23 PM

If you have to get back to London for your return flight, you want to go somewhere convenient back to the UK. In your previous posts I don't recall you told us about any of your interests. <BR><BR>Scotland is fantastic -- not just Edinburgh. If you are into outdoorsy things, castles, fabulous scenery - spend the extra days in Scotland.<BR><BR>If you are more interested in art, shopping, cafes, brushing up on your French, etc - spend the extra days in and around Paris.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 09:29 PM

My suggestion is to check out the budget airlines flying out of London ( easyjet, buzz etc) and fly for the five days somewhere with inexpensive airfare and a place that is very unlikely you will ever visit again. Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Sicily, Corsica, Ibiza, Turkey (maybe not) Odessa, Budapest. The list could be endless.<BR>Ibiza for a beach vacation. Egypt for history. North Africa, Timbuctou. Wow , what an opportunity!
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 01:03 PM

Doug's idea is really good - although a lot of his locations are not available on the discount airlines (e.e Baltic states). Until 13th Feb there are a number of 1 euro + 1 pound tickets (plus taxes) on Ryanair - about 10 destinations for period to nd of March (may not be relevant). But Ryanair especially offers so many cheap offers, just try.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:24 PM
ira

Hi margievill,<BR> One more suggestion, Paris.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Brutforce

It would be foolish to miss Paris especially w/the ease of getting there. Go to Paris &amp; enjoy.

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 05:35 AM

<BR>Do not go back to Paris again if you are already going with your class! try someplace new.<BR><BR>Since you are YOUNG, I recommend: Berlin (www.airberlin.com), Malmo (its Sweden- but a 20 minute train to Copenhagen) www.ryanair.com, stockholm (also ryanair), Munich, or Barcelona (ryanair or easyjet. These all are great cities with great nightlife.<BR><BR>If you are in Europe in June, its fantastic to go to Scandanavia and see the sun come up at 4 am! <BR><BR>Also keep in mind that some of the more unusual destinations (ie. Cairo, turkey, russia) require visas and thus more $.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of your suggestions, I greatly appreciate it. I have some time to keep mulling this over, but I'll definitely be back for more suggestions.<BR>Thanks again!