I've been reading some of the Galicia threads on here, and am still not sure if there's a different option for getting to Porto when we are done in Galicia, other than driving back down to Vigo to take the train from Vigo to Porto?
Does anyone have experience with this?
We are planning on taking train from Madrid (since I'll be in Madrid already) to Vigo then renting car at Vigo and driving to Santiago de Compostela and using it as a base for 5 nights 4 days.
Our biggest interests are visiting Rias Albarino wineries (I can hook this up for us-but very happy to have more recommendations from anyone who's done this), doing outdoors/hiking, eating seafood and being in a town so we don't have to drive home after dinner and wine. I've found some good listings on Flipkey for Santiago but if anyone has stayed in an awesome place (cottage or house or 2 bedroom apartment is preferred as I'm traveling with a guy friend and we need separate rooms) I'd love recommendations!
this area is so much less accessible online, which I love, so it leads me to believe there are a lot of things I can' t find out, unless from other travelers.
I'm really excited to explore this unique area of Spain!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार CHARTER 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CHARTER Tec*h care
- 2 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 3 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 4 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 2 week May trip with kids
- 7 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 8 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Sleep at Heathrow
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 13 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Self Drive UK tour
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 18 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 19 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 20 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 21 Airport Transfer
- 22 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.