I will be studying on exchange for 4 months, beginning January 2015, and I will likely stay in Europe for a little while longer upon the end of the exchange to enjoy the continent during the early summer months. Yes, I know 2015 is a long way from now, but I need to select my host country by the end of this year.
I will be looking to travel all over the continent (both in Western and Eastern Europe) during my exchange and after it ends, and I have two questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help:
1) Which city would you recommend for a study exchange that has easy (and cheap) access to inter-Europe travel options, other than Paris (very familiar with Paris; would prefer a new experience)? I am fluent (read, write, spoken) in English, French and Spanish)
*Please note that the options offered by my school that I would consider include: France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands*
2) Budget. How much would a trip like this (let's say 4 months + 2 months of travelling after the exchange) cost, realistically, not including living expenses for the exchange itself? I don't mind sleeping on someone's floor when I travel (although couch-surfing and hostel website suggestions would be appreciated), and I'm very cost-aware - but I do enjoy the occasional splurge.
Thank you to all those who got to the bottom of this post! I look forward to reading your replies, and I appreciate all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 contact installations hp Tec*h care 24*7vk
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 4 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 5 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 13 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 14 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 15 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 16 Best Greek Island
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 22 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 23 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 24 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 25 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018