4-hr layover at Milan Linate airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I have 4 hours between flights at Milan's Linate airport on a Saturday in mid-October. We thought we might try to go into town and see The Last Supper. Can anyone tell me if this makes sense and if so, the best way to get into the city? Thanks very much.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM

If there is ZERO traffic problem, it takes about 20minutes from the Linate taxi stop to the Santa Maria delle Grazie. Of course, this only happens off hours. I think there is a bus from Linate to Milano Centrales, after which you can take a metro to Milano Cadorna then walk to the Santa Maria delle Grazie, but I don't think you have a time for this.

I presume you know that a reservation is required.

Say, the taxi takes 1hr each way counting traffic. The visit takes 15 minutes and you need to check in with your reservation 20 minutes ahead. Add 1hr from your return to the airport to your flight, and you have a 25minutes margin.

Does it make sense? I supposed it is possible.

Finding taxi is not always immediate, so making an arrangement to pick you up right after the Last Supper would be prudent.

There is a little margin for foulups. If it were just a train that I need to catch, I would do it, but not for a plane.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

It sounds like, in my usual fashion, I am trying to do more than time will allow. Thanks so much for being the voice of reason!