Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   4 hours to go (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/4-hours-to-go-176364/)

YS Aug 16th, 2001 11:14 AM

4 hours to go

Leaving for the airport in 4 hours: going to Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice and Nice. Still at work now, thinking: what have I forgotten to pack? Anything anyone tends to forget and regret of not bringing along?

Henry Aug 16th, 2001 11:19 AM

YS,xtra pair of eyeglasses but just remember my father packing suggestion"travel light just bring money".Enjoy.

ohoh Aug 16th, 2001 11:19 AM

Relax. They have stores in all those cities :-) <BR>Remember your camera and your sense of humor <BR>HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

Annette Aug 16th, 2001 11:19 AM

YS - <BR> <BR>Like they say, woo hooo!! 4 hours! <BR> <BR>Did you remember to pack a little tube of sunscreen? <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful time!

Laura Aug 16th, 2001 11:36 AM

Yes..don't forget the corkscrew!! Please have a picnic and think about the rest of us........

Lanny Aug 16th, 2001 11:39 AM

A really nice facecloth and a plastic bag to store it in and carry it from place to place. Most hotels in Europe do not provide them! <BR> <BR>Have fun. I'll be there in a week myself! <BR>

Christina Aug 16th, 2001 11:42 AM

yeah, these are things I've forgotten to pack at times and regretted it: 1) earplugs; 2) hair dryer, 3) electric coffee coil, Melamine mug, and some instant coffee to make coffee in my room in morning; 4) small Post-its; 5) washcloth; 6) travelers phrase book; 7) suntan lotion/sunglasses (when going to a sunny place, obviously); 8) appropriate underwear (ie, forgot slip when had somewhat sheer skirt); 9) a belt for my pants. Some of these you can buy locally, obviously, but that may end up taking a lot of time or you not getting exactly what you want.

Book Chick Aug 16th, 2001 11:44 AM

Yuri, <BR>I hope you have the most wonderful time of your life! I will be in Paris myself in just under 8 weeks now. <BR> <BR>Remember those snacks for the plane ride, & make sure you have plenty of film for your camera. <BR> <BR>(For the record, I have on more than 1 occasion forgotten to pack my toothbrush so often that will be my first purchase when I arrive at my destination!) <BR>BC

Beth Anderson Aug 16th, 2001 11:48 AM

things I have forgotten, or just break out into a sweat at THINKING of forgetting (except for the contact lenses, only the latter actually, I've been very good about do-or-die items): <BR> <BR>two- three pairs of spare contact lenses <BR>eyeglasses <BR> <BR>eye medicine <BR>atm card or visa <BR>passport <BR> <BR>I really can't think of anything else I could not live without, on a trip. If I had just those five things with me, I think I could survive just fine (I'd have to buy a lot there, of course - but no catastrophes would ensue...) <BR>

Mel Aug 16th, 2001 12:23 PM

YS: Have a FABULOUS trip! Remember that many of us who don't even know you are giddy with anticipation along with you because we know that feeling! <BR> <BR>As long as you have your passport, an ATM card and a few bucks in your pocket, don't worry about anything else--buy it there! <BR> <BR>We'll look forward to your post when you return! <BR> <BR>Bon Voyage! <BR>

deena Aug 16th, 2001 12:28 PM

Be sure to bring an assortment of ziplock plastic bags in various sizes. These are always useful.