Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

4 ddays in Paris and 5 in Rome, a family of 5 looking for nice hotels

Mar 5th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Hello, I know it is not an easy task. 5 is not a good number although children are 12/9 and 7 years old
most hotels do not have anything as big as to have them all together. Like more suites are for 4 max.So the most simple solution seems to be two rooms, connected ? seems out of the question , so we are looking for whatever could work. We wish nice places, expecting to spend between 400 to600 euros at the top, but hoping to stay in the 400 area. Any suggestions>?
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:50 AM

Have you considered apartments? I am traveling with teens this summer, 6 days Paris and 4 Rome for first time, and will be renting an apt in each place. For the cost of two rooms, you can get a nice 2 bedroom apt with kitchen and washer (sometimes dryer), etc.
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:51 AM

You can get lovely apartments for those rates and much more space with the added bonus of having some meals 'at home'. This works so much better than hotels with children.
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:55 AM

For that price you can do a lot. But the suggestion of an apartment is the best for those ages. Look at Citadines. They are apartment hotels so have some of the amenities of a hotel, but size of apartment. I think the nicest location of one is on the Quai St. Augustines--it looks out on the Seine and Notre Dame.
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:55 AM

What about an apartment? You wouldn't have the hotel services, but you would have a kitchen.

As for hotels, I do know of one in Paris that have a separate building behind the courtyard with what they call a "family apt.". It's the Hotel d'Aubusson http://www.hoteldaubusson.com and we love it. It might have morphed out of your price range since we stayed there but it's worth a shot.

The apt. is not listed on their website, you have to call or fax them. It's very popular so book early.