I am joining a guided tour of Croatia in July and will arrive 4 days before. I am trying to decide to spend that time in Split or Dubrovnik (on the tour we visit those two cities plus Korcula and Hvar. We have two days in each location for 8 days total).
The things I like to do while traveling (in order of fun factor!)
1. Visting churches/cathedrals/museums
2. Sea kayaking/boat rides/visiting islands
3. Walking around medieval old towns
4. Sitting in cafe's drinking coffee/wine and reading
We depart from DBV to start the tour so even if I fly into Split, I need to make my way to DBV. I don't know either city/area at all, so based on my interests above...any recommendations? I am leaning towards Split simply because it's bigger...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apartment
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 two days in Nice
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 New fast track
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Packing Champagne
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 london or amsterdam
- 20 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 24 1 month destination for young family
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.