Myself and my companion will be taking an overnight flight to Paris in September. The flight will have us arrive in Paris around 10:00 AM. We then will be there for four nights, leaving the morning after the last night. This is my first time in Paris and my companions second time. I definitely want to participate in the normal touristy things, such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, a river cruise on the Seine.
Here are the questions I have:
- What attractions should I buy early tickets to?
- If I'm planning to walk most places, what area of town is it best to stay in? (note: price point for hotel is relatively high per night)
- Is going to Versailles worth it? (I've been told it is a full day trip)
- As the interests I have for the trip are in history and art mainly, I also enjoy doing some things that are not as well known. Any lesser known places I should try to visit?
- Finally, any restaurants that I should definitely try to look to eat at?
I appreciate any and all feedback and am looking forward to this first trip to France! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 European honeymoon help needed
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna