I would love some help in finalizing our itinerary in Crete. We would like to make the most of our time in Crete while relaxing and not rushing too much. We will have a car for our entire stay in Crete (4 full days). Ideally, our days would include beautiful drives, discovering amazing beaches and eating delicious food in small non-touristy restaurants in traditional Greek villages.
We arrive in Chania from Athens on at night on Aug 31st and depart from Heraklion to Santorini on the morning of Sept 5th.
Here’s the itinerary we’ve come up with so far,
Day 1 - Balos Lagoon, Kaliviani for lunch, Falassarna
Day 2 - Gorge of Samaria (following Rick Steve’s guide which includes Agia Roumeli, Chora Sfakion, Loutro)
Day3 - Elafonissi Beach
Day 4 – Drive from Chania to Heraklion with stops. Possibly Agia Fotini, Agia Galini, Panormos, Knossos…
Are we trying to do too much? Not enough? We were hoping to visit some traditional Greek villages; can we work those into our itinerary?
Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour