My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YANDEX 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Travel chat and reflections
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 6 The World's Greatest Churches
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 9 Advise Needed
- 10 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 11 South of France
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 16 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 19 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 24 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 25 Scotland ideas