4 day trip to norway????

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
jft
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 day trip to norway????

My husband and I will be in Copenhagen Oct 2nd and we have around 3/4 days before when we are thinking of visiting Norway- not alot of time, I know especially after a long plane ride from Canada. Over 30 years ago I distinctly remember the beautiful train ride from Oslo to Bergen which I think was done late May/early June....
We would arrive on the 27 of September- should we do the whole Oslo/Bergen route or base ourselves out of Bergen and do a shorter train ride and perhaps a boat ride...........is this feasible at this time of year? I am open to suggestions........
Thanks
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM

Go to Bergen. Lovely city if you get to know it, and great daytrips nearby.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM

Bergen with an overnight outing to Balestrand by boat.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:09 PM

If you haven't done it, I would definitely do the Norway in a Nutshell route from Bergen: train Myrdal to Flam; ferry on thr Naerofjord to Gudvangen ; return to Bergen. You can also overnight at the Stalheim if you wish and then continue by bus/boat to Balestrand. I didn't think the fast ferry from Bergen to Balestrand was particularly scenic or pleasant.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM

I am heading to Copenhagen next week, will be taking the overnight cruise to Oslo with one night in Oslo, and then the Norway in a Nutshell for an overnight stay in Bergen. I am very limited on time, but our daughter wanted to do a little traveling during her school (DIS) vacation. You have more time, so yours sounds very doable. We built a couple days on each end to be in Copenhagen. I will post a report when I return!
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM
jft
Original Poster

I will investigate the options as described. It certainly gives me a good idea where to start and I know to fly into Bergen.
Carolv- enjoy your trip! Make sure you bring layers as last time I was in Copenhagen it was quite chilly. A few days in Copenhagen on either end should be great. It is a nice walking city with decent transit and nice museums.