4-7 day tours of Scotland

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 04:14 PM
Season Tucker

4-7 day tours of Scotland

Hi-
My friend and I are trying to find info on 4-7 day tours of all of Scotland. We'll be based in Edinburgh, and would like more than just a day trip tour. Anyone who has ideas, please let me know.....thanks!

Season

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 02:54 AM
Sheila

There are a few companies who do these and I will list the ones that I know about when I get home tonight;

Would you consider one tailored for you? there are a couple of folk who do personalised car based tours.

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 11:01 AM
Sheila

OK:Rabbie's Trail Burners do 1,2 and 3 day tours in minibuses 01031 226 3133

Go Blue Banana 0131 556 2000 dominbus tours as do Haggis backpackers 0131 557 9393

Scotsell 0141 772 5928 do tailored trips

Excellent Adventures 0131 669 4418 or [email protected] do 4 day trips to the Highlands with canoeing or climbing

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 08:46 PM
Ellen

It depends upon what time of year you are going. Many tours end in October. Ther are lots of tours you can book in the US - tours to the Highlands, Loch Lomdon and a few others.

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 05:42 AM
frankR

You should check out http://www.scotland-inverness.co.uk/scotland.htm
This huge site has details of all the toursist areas - whats available, transport,accomodation,maps,photos,descriptions.Th at way you can decide where you want to go.Dress warm!For tours with
a difference check out "Classiqe coaches" based in Paisley (near Glasgow
airport)This firm uses old style buses
which have been refurbished.Because they
use smaller coaches than the big tour
companies they can go up the single track roads which connect much of rural Scotland, especially in the northwest.
Isle of Skye is a good destination offered by many operators.